There is no doubt about it. Tailgating has evolved. Just bringing a sandwich or pizza and having a few drinks on the back of a pick up truck is no longer the name of the game. Today’s tailgate parties are kicking it up a notch and we are here to set you up for success. Unfortunately, we can’t control the success of your chosen team!
- Arrive early to get a good spot, especially if you need multiple spots for your set up. Parking next to a grassy area or at the end of the parking row will give you more room for serious tailgating! Consider the room you will need for tables, chairs, and possibly even a pop-up tent. A canopy can provide shade, shelter and its a great place to tie balloons or flags so all your friends can easily find the right party.
- Prepare as much of the food as possible the night before. Keep the menu simple and use as many disposable containers and utensils as you can. Better yet, use an online sign-up service to delegate food and drink responsibilities to all your tailgate guests. Keep cold food and drinks cold with a large cooler rental. If you are expecting a big crowd, consider cooking on a high capacity grill with duel 30lb. propane tanks. It is easy to tow and quick to set up!
- Plan for the food to be ready about an hour and a half before kickoff. This is plenty of time for those going to the game to eat and clean up. Those not going to the game can pull out the generator and TV.
- Bring a few games like cornhole, horseshoes, football, or cards to keep everyone busy while the grill is doing its thing.
- Be prepared to stay late. Because you know what is more fun than post game traffic? Post game tailgating, of course!
Whoever you’re rooting for this season, these tips will help you throw a great tailgate party full of good food, good friends, and plenty of team spirit! Northside Tool Rental can help supply you with the right tailgate equipment to make that happen. Our five locations are convenient to stadiums and sports venues all around the metro Atlanta area!