Is it here? Has warm, spring weather finally arrived? Only time will tell. However, the time to think about spring home maintenance and improvements has definitely arrived! As you are tackling your spring cleaning and decluttering lists, don’t forget now is a great time to perform a little home maintenance.
We have put together a few spring home maintenance tips to help you get started.
- Check all concrete and asphalt driveways, pathways, and patios for cracks. The repeated freezing and thawing of winter may have taken a toll on these areas.
- Test all irrigation systems and sprinklers. There is no better time than springtime to make sure your irrigation system is ready for another season of efficient lawn and garden watering.
- Inspect all windows, doors, and other points of entry. Pests can use even the smallest crack or crevice to enter your home. You may need to repair ripped screens and replace weather stripping.
- Reserve a pressure washer for the weekend to take care of exterior spring cleaning projects. Tackle siding, patios, outdoor furniture, driveways, walkways and even your garage with these pressure washer tips.
- Maintain and clear out all gutters and downspouts. Make sure that the water from the downspouts is directed away from your home. If water starts to pool, it can cause damage to your home’s foundation, cause soil erosion, damage the roots of plants, and increase mold or mildew issues.
- Examine roof shingles to see if any were lost or damaged during winter. Shingles that are cracked, buckled or loose or are missing granules need to be replaced.
- Make repairs to outdoor woodwork. Check for signs that your wooden decks or fencing needs staining or resealing. Spring is the perfect time to take care of that chore.
- Spring is also the perfect time to give a little boost to your curb appeal. Increasing your curb appeal can add thousands of dollars to the value of your home and put a big smile on your face each and every time you pull into the driveway!
When you have your spring project list ready, you can count on Northside Tool Rental.
We have the equipment you need to get the job done faster. We have the expertise you need to get all your questions answered. And we have the locally owned, small town service feel that will leave you smiling!