Repairing or restoring your own vehicle is a challenging but highly rewarding activity. You can easily save costs and do the job the way you want. Plus, you get bragging rights too! There’s nothing quite like the satisfaction of doing vehicle maintenance yourself.
Whether you’re a longtime patron or brand new to Northside Tool Rental, you may be familiar with our extensive home and garden equipment. But did you know we rent automotive tools?
If you’ve got the tools but not the heavy equipment to repair or restore your vehicle, then Northside Tool Rental is the place for you.
Automotive Tool Rentals
Hoists and transmission jacks are essential to making repairs or restorations to your vehicle, but they may be difficult to find in most auto tool arsenals. They’re heavy and take up a good amount of space.
That’s why renting heavy automotive tools is a great option. Check out our rentals below:
- 1 ½ Ton Floor Jack: Lift vehicles up to 1 ½ tons with this jack.
- 2 ½ Ton Floor Jack: Lift vehicles up to 2 ½ tons with this jack.
- Hi-Lift Engine Hoist: Doing engine work on a larger vehicle? This engine hoist is your best bet.
- Knock Down Engine Hoist: This engine hoist is both powerful and portable, fitting easily into the bed of your truck or SUV.
- Automatic Transmission Jack: If you’re working on your vehicle’s transmission, this jack is perfect for supporting transmissions in cars and small trucks.
- Large Truck Transmission Jack: Got a large truck? We’ve got a large jack for that.
- Hydraulic Body Repair Kit: This multi-purpose kit is perfect for bending, straightening, and spreading steel.
- Portable Air Tank: Perfect for inflating car tires. Also great for bike and ATV tires.
- Jack Stand: These jacks feature ratchet action so you can safely work beneath your vehicle.
- Torque Wrench: Don’t over-tighten your equipment! This torque wrench tightens to 250 pounds.
- Pitman Arm Wedge: Easily separate the pitman arm from the steering column’s center link.
- Wheel Boot: Keep your project from rolling away and lock it securely in place with a wheel boot. Also perfect for locking trailers in place.
DIY repairs require careful planning and a keen attention to detail. Using common sense and these handy safety tips will ensure that your repairs or restoration goes as smooth and injury-free as possible.
- Be focused and know your limits. Don’t attempt repairs while tired or distracted, as these can lead to errors.
- Don’t smoke when dealing with any fuel line work. You could cause an explosion!
- Disconnect the battery if doing electrical work. It’s possible to cause an electrical shock or surge.
- Be careful of air bags, if applicable. Sensors may be jostled about and could trigger the airbag without warning.
- Watch out for hot and/or moving parts. You want to repair your car, not visit the hospital!
- Wear eye protection when working under your vehicle. Dripping fluids in your eyes or mouth could be unpleasant or dangerous.
- Having a fire extinguisher on hand is always a good idea. You never know what loose wire can accidentally ignite a spark.
- Make sure your vehicle is properly supported before doing any undercarriage work. Additionally, make sure someone who can call 911 knows you are doing undercarriage work in the event of an accident.
- Lastly, don’t attempt repairs beyond your ability. You could be injured, or accidentally cause damage to your vehicle’s electrical or mechanical systems which may be costly to have a professional repair.
Northside Tool Rental
The next time you plan to work on your vehicle, whether you’re making repairs or restoring a classic car, visit Northside Tool Rental for your heavy equipment. You can pick up your equipment at one of our locations, and we also deliver to most of the Atlanta area.
With your know how and our equipment, you’ll get your vehicle into top shape in no time!
We have five convenient locations around Atlanta, so contact us at the location closest to you today!