Whether you need to rearrange your warehouse, or you simply have some serious stocking to do, you may be considering forklift rentals. Atlanta businesses can benefit from renting a forklift in several ways, although there are a few things you should know before you rent one.
Why should you rent a forklift?
Forklift rentals in Atlanta can save you money and give you the flexibility you need to get things done, without having to invest in buying a large piece of machinery you won’t use that often. You might decide to rent a forklift so you can:
Meet temporary demands.
If you have a limited amount of material handling, or you already have a truck but need something with a higher capacity for a temporary job, renting a forklift is the perfect solution. You might also want to rent a certain model to try it out, if you’re trying to decide whether to buy one.
Renting forklifts or other heavy equipment is a temporary solution—you get to enjoy instant availability without making a purchase commitment. This means you can change the equipment you’re using as needed. Your budgeting will also be easier, and you won’t have to worry about maintenance.
Of course, you know that forklift rentals are a fraction of the cost of buying them outright. When you rent machinery from a reputable rental company, you’ll also save money with a well-maintained, high-quality model that uses the latest fuel efficiency and ergonomic design for improved performance—and more bang for your buck.
Things to consider before renting a forklift
It’s important to make sure you know what your requirements are before you take delivery of your forklift rental. Otherwise, you may end up renting equipment that doesn’t do what you need, and your project will be delayed while you make arrangements for the right model.
Before you talk to your forklift rental dealer, you should know:
- How long you will need the forklift for—a few hours, a full day, a week, or longer
- The maximum weight of the loads you’re moving, so you can determine the right lift capacity for your forklift
- The dimensions of the area you’re moving loads, so you can figure out the lift height you’ll need
- Whether you’ll need special attachments, such as extenders, a grapple attachment, or a teleloader bucket
- Be sure to ask your forklift rental dealer what type of engine the equipment uses, so you’ll have the right kind of fuel on hand for the project.
Northside Tool Rental: The best forklift rentals in Atlanta
At Northside Tool Rental, we offer high quality heavy machinery and equipment rental at affordable prices—with no deposit required. We carry forklifts with various lift capacities, and all the attachments you need to get the job done right.