Fall is the perfect time to spread your DIY wings with some home improvement projects. Of course, it is never a bad time or a bad idea to invest in your home. Today we want to focus on fall DIY (Do-It-Yourself) projects that will give you a great return on the investment of your time and your money.
Fall DIY Projects
- Give your landscaping a boost – Fall is one of the most critical seasons for preparing lawns and landscapes for year-round health. Aerating, fertilizing, and overseeding your lawn now will ensure a thick, green, and healthy lawn in the spring. Now is also the perfect time to refresh all your garden beds and plant containers with some classic fall colors like red, yellow, and orange.
- Complete a paint project – Painting is one of the quickest and easiest ways to update a space. The lower humidity and cooler temperatures make fall a good time for both interior and exterior paint projects. Click here for some great paint project ideas and tips.
- Install ceiling fans for energy efficiency – Ceiling fans keep us cooler during the hot Atlanta summers, but with a switch of the blade direction they can also lower your winter heating expenses by propelling warm air from the ceiling down towards the floor.
- Add or update a backsplash – This project is much easier than most people believe and it can instantly update a kitchen or a bathroom without the expense of a full remodel. Natural stone, porcelain, and ceramic are affordable DIY options that will give you some bang for your buck.
- Update fixtures and hardware – This is an easy DIY update that can make a huge impact. You can easily update plumbing fixtures, doorknobs, or cabinet hardware to add some uniqueness to your home.
- Create an outdoor space – Spend cool fall weekends relaxing outside with the family in a new outdoor space. Start fresh by building a new deck or patio, or you can add on to existing backyard structures.
Before you begin your fall DIY projects, come see us at Northside Tool Rental. We will make sure you have the right tools and equipment for the job. We also have the expertise to answer all of your questions.