There is no doubt about it, smart home technology is rapidly growing in both popularity and accessibility. Has the thought of adding smart home upgrades crossed your mind? If so, you may be wondering what will give you the most bang for your buck. Let’s explore.
What exactly is a smart home?
A smart home is usually considered any home with televisions, lights, computers, appliances, irrigation, or home security items that can be controlled over a central network.
What are the pros and cons?
The pros list includes conserving energy, increasing safety, and quite simply the convenience of automation. On the flip side, we all know how rapidly technology changes. In three years from now, is the smart home technology that you are installing today going to be supported? Not all home buyers are interested in smart homes where the devices are outmoded or require frequent upgrades.
Where do I start?
- Smart thermostats can learn from your behaviors, allow you to control the climate in your home remotely, and show you energy consumption in real-time. They can even adjust themselves based on conditions like humidity.
- Did you know smart outlets can act as a wi-fi hub to strengthen the signal throughout your home? Even more impressive is that you can plug an appliance into them and control that appliance using an app!
- The major benefit of smart bulbs is the ability to remotely control them from your devices. Other features that you are able to control through an app are dimming, color changing and some can even play music!
- A connected sprinkler controller is a device that can be used with most underground sprinkler systems and enables you to control the watering of your lawn with a smart phone. Some have the ability to adapt the watering schedule based on real-time weather data. No more watering in the rain!
- Security cameras, smart locks, and remote outdoor lighting control are just a few ways you can keep your smart home secure and protect those you love.
Play smart when choosing upgrades by installing user friendly options that include technical support. And remember, Northside Tool Rental has the tools to install the smart home ideas you have for your home. Our experts are here to guide!